Mattthew Fenton on his blog points out some great brand resolutions for keeping your brand relevant in today’s markets. Brands and marketing live in a flux every day. We need to understand how our customer is changing their connection to the brand and be current with their needs. This is a huge challenge and one point that I feel Matthew missed. Great idea’s to consider and follow:
Resolutions for a BRAND New Year
Three Deuce Branding | Brand Positioning and Strategy Consultant | Professional Speaker | Former CMO
Happy New Year! With the arrival of the new year, I offer a list of brand resolutions for brand leaders who seek growth in 2014 and beyond.
1. I will live my brand vision every day. And if I don’t have a brand vision – one that clearly defines what we stand for, how we serve, and why we’re different – I’ll make it my top priority to create one.
2. I will craft bold strategies that are designed to win. (TPG says “Win Customers and build Customer Connections”)
3. I will execute with discipline, courage and passion.
4. I will set clear objectives and measure results diligently.
5. I will manage my brand as a complete experience, guided by the knowledge that what we do trumps what we say.
6. I will treat my consumers and/or clients with the respect they deserve – meaning they are not data points, “eyeballs,” or an annoyance. I will extend this same respect to co-workers and other partners. (TPG says that your consumer is the target and to be effective for them you must deliver a brand message that is consistent with their needs TODAY, not yesterday, so you need to always be keeping up with how your customers are connecting with your brand, company, and staff and adjust accordingly at all touch points that influence your customers engagement with your brand)
7. I will learn more about all available brand-building options. When selecting between them, I will choose long-term over short-term, and meaning over noise.
8. I will listen more and read more.
9. I will communicate and lead more effectively.
10. I will use my brand to improve lives – to make the world a better place in some way.
Any brand resolutions that you’d add to this list? Please add a comment below!
This is my first time pay a visit at here and i am really impressed to read all at alone place.
You are so cool! I do not believe I’ve read through anything like this before. So good to find another person with a few genuine thoughts on this issue. Really.. thank you for starting this up. This site is one thing that is needed on the internet, someone with some originality!
Here is a good Weblog You may Discover Fascinating that we encourage you to visit.