It is always fun to learn more about how YouTube impacts its audience. This fun review of some of the statistics generated by the site will shed some trivia and insight into the worlds largest visual media platform. Check this out for fun, and for understanding how you can benefit from using this platform for some of your social media needs.
Following is an updated article by Video Caddy related to the same subject below…check it out for the latest information:
15 Mind-Blowing Stats About YouTube
by Giselle Abramovich
Senior & Strategic Editor
Online video is making its way into the marketing mix for the majority of brands, from both a pure content play and a paid media perspective. Advertisers understand that the ability to reach audiences through site, sound, and motion is paramount, and that consumer behavior online warrants an online video strategy–with YouTube at the center.
Following are 15 facts about this platform giving marketers a better understanding of the platform, its reach, and how advertisers are using it.
1. The equivalent of 100 hours of video is uploaded each minute.
2. More than 1 billion unique users visit YouTube each month.
3. Fourteen percent of Americans use YouTube during work hours.
4. Samsung Mobile is the most viewed YouTube channel, with more than 365 million views to date.
5. More than half (53 percent) of 16- to 24-year-olds say they “love” the social video platform.
6. More than 6 billion hours of video are watched each month here—that’s almost an hour for every person on Earth.
7. YouTube’s mobile ads are three times more effective if people are given the option to skip them.
8. Currently 86 percent of YouTube’s ad inventory is made up of TrueView ads, and 25 percent of YouTube’s traffic comes from smartphones and tablets.
9. Sixteen percent of respondents to a recent study say they watch YouTube videos several times each day. Seventeen percent watch them daily, while 28 percent watch them several times a week. Only 5 percent pay attention to the ads most of the time, and 18 percent never pay attention to the ads.
10. Mobile makes up almost 40 percent of YouTube’s global watch time.
11. YouTube video production of companies in the Interbrand Top 100 ranking of best global brands shows an increase from 4,760 videos per month to 7,175 per month, with an aggregate production value of more than $4.3 billion.
12. According to Nielsen, YouTube reaches more U.S. adults ages 18 to 34 than any cable network.
13. Brands—including Coca-Cola and Toyota—are not just creating effective YouTube channels, they’re also embedding YouTube videos on their own Web sites. In fact, 61 of the Top 100 brands now embed YouTube videos on their Web sites.
14. A recent study proved that YouTube commenters are the worst. In fact, trolls on YouTube are more frequent and make more sexist, emotional, and irrelevant comments than on other parts of the Internet.
15. Eighty percent of YouTube traffic comes from outside the U.S.