In the research that follows you will find results that reflect on a few of our prior postings…A significant one is that many employee’s are not connected with what the brand and marketing strategies are, and they do not reflect the brand attributes thru their work because they are unfamiliar with those attributes.
Another is the obvious and that is the pure lack of understanding that they have of consumer behavior (whether B2B or B2C).
This research should open your eyes as to the importance of good market research, and a firm understanding of your customers connection with your brands.
How Well Do B2B Marketers Understand Their Customers?
Some 80% of B2B marketers say they can gauge which customers are their most valuable, according to a recent report from Regalix.
Moreover, 64% say they are understanding customers’ past purchase behaviors.
However, less than half of B2B marketers surveyed have a strong knowledge of their customers’ demographic makeup (just 48% say they have an excellent understanding), product/service preferences (44%), wants/needs/likes/interests (40%), journey to purchase (36%), and channel preferences (24%).
Below, additional key findings from the report, which was based on data from a survey of 284 B2B marketers (72% located in North America; 28% in the rest of the world).
Brand Attributes and Target Audience
- 51% of respondents say their company has a clearly defined set of target customer segments.
- Only 21% of respondents say employees have a clear and consistent image of the company’s target audience.
- 28% say employees possess a complete understanding of the company’s brand attributes.
Digital Interaction Channels
- 100% of respondents say their company interacts with its customers via its website.
- 88% interact with customers via email.
- 80% interact via social media.
About the research: The report was based on data from a survey of 284 B2B marketers (72% located in North America; 28% in the rest of the world).
Read more: http://www.marketingprofs.com/charts/2014/26481/how-well-do-b2b-marketers-understand-their-customers#ixzz3J44UU26w
TPG Social Media